You know how there is always that ONE chocolate that gets left in the favourites box? Well cherry ripe was always that chocolate for me. And I’d still leave it in the box because now I have THIS raw cherry ripe slice. Holy WOW! It’s so good!
I actually have to space out my raw dessert recipes for you because they always taste so delicious and it takes some serious self-talk to remind myself to not eat the entire slice in one day.
This raw cherry ripe slice is perfect if you love cherry ripe AND perfect if you don’t because for some reason it’s the same but different…better perhaps!?
It’s also SUPER simple to make. You guys know I’m all about that simple life when it comes to the kitchen!
On another note, I should really date my recipes because I’m pretty sure I created this when cherries were just going out of season and were SUPER cheap. If you can’t find fresh cherries (which make this recipe THE BEST) you could definitely use frozen cherries. Please just stay away from canned cherries.
The ingredients for this recipe can be found at most local supermarkets too! You might have to look in your health food section but honestly, they are all ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
HER NOURISHED TIPS
As you guys know, I’m a nutrition and health coach at heart and I’m also SUPER passionate about creating a healthy and sustainable relationship with food. When it comes to raw slices and cakes all are definitely not created equally. This raw cherry ripe slice is high in healthy fat. There is NOTHING to be scared of when it comes to healthy fat, BUT (and this is a big one) I still encourage you to practice mindfulness when it comes to your portion sizes and how much you are eating.
A serve of this raw cherry ripe slice would ideally be the size of two of your fingers (because everyone has a different body shape and size. If you stick to that you can enjoy this raw cherry ripe slice every few days as a planned snack.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed or confused by food, what you should be eating and when, or just simply feel like you and food are not getting along PLEASE send me a message as I’d love to chat! I am COMPLETELY booked out for the remainder of August 2017 but have spaces available for coaching and menu plans starting the first week of September. You can check out the options HERE.
Okay, on to that delicious raw cherry ripe slice I keep talking about!
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup cashews (raw, unsalted)
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- CHOC TOP
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate (I used Loving Earth)
- Prepare a small baking tin by placing baking paper on the bottom and around the edges of the tin. Set aside.
- Add all base ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend/pulse until combined. The mixture should start to stick together and form a ball within the food processor. Once combined, place mixture into the baking tin and press with the back of a spoon or with clean hands until flat in the tin.
- To prepare the filling, add the filling ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Spoon the filling mixture over the base and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Lick the spoon.
- To prepare the chocolate top, break the dark chocolate into small pieces and melt over a double bowl or in a microwave. Stir until smooth and then drizzle over the top of the cherry filling.
- Place the baking tin into the freezer and allow to set for at least four hours.
- Once set, remove the cherry ripe slice from the tin and slice with a hot, wet knife.
- Store in the freezer.
I’d also love to know from you, what other delicious raw treats would you love to see? Let me know below or on social media!
DID YOU HEAR? Nourished in 30, the recipe book designed with the busy mumma in mind, is launching soon!
What to expect:
- A flexible approach to food and the “ebb and flow” approach
- Meal prep tips for even the busiest mumma!
- Kitchen essentials
- Recipes (lots – all delicious, under 30 minutes and SUPER EASY). All recipes are created with the busy mumma in mind. Most recipes will serve 2+. I’ve included family-friendly options/serving suggestions to take the stress out of your meals entirely.
- A 7 day menu plan. For the busy mumma who just can’t think this week. I’ve got your back.
And a quick note – even if you’re not a busy mumma I know you’ll love this recipe book too! If you’re busy or just love quick, easy and delicious food you’ll want to have a copy of Nourished in 30!
Join the list NOW to be the first to hear about the launch date, special offers and prizes! I can not wait to get this recipe book to you because I know you’ll just love it!
You’ll also get a free copy of my Super Simple Recipe Guide!
Stay up to date on Instagram by following @her.nourished
Krissy Ropiha is a Certified Nutrition and Health Coach and Psychology graduate, passionate about supporting, inspiring and empowering busy mums to take back control of their health, get nourishing meals on the table in less than 30 minutes and feel confident in their own unique body.
Strive for nourishment, not perfection.