Forget traditional sugary fudge. This turmeric freezer fudge is SO simple to make, sugar free and nutritionally dense. It’s the perfect afternoon pick-me-up without the sugar crash to follow.
I made this by accident. And then I made it again and again until I finally was patient enough to take some photos so I could share the recipe with you.
It’s just that delicious!
This turmeric freezer fudge was actually created when I was perfecting the recipe for these healthy paleo creme Easter eggs I made earlier in the year. I wasn’t happy with the texture of the first recipe so I put it in the freezer without much thought and continued on with recipe testing. What I didn’t realise at the time was that I had created the BEST super simple turmeric freezer fudge and it was just hanging out in my freezer.
Once I realised how delicious the turmeric freezer fudge was I pretty much ate it all without a second thought. And then I made it again and AGAIN ate it before I could take photos. So this week I purposefully made the recipe for the third time AND remembered to take photos.
This turmeric freezer fudge is a recipe that does need to be stored in the freezer and only removed when you’re ready to eat, so unfortunately it’s not the best lunch time snack and definitely not for gifting like traditional fudge. But that’s okay…more for you to eat 😉
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey OR rice malt syrup (honey for sweeter fudge)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp powdered turmeric
- 1 tbsp finely dessicated coconut (coconut flour)
- Add coconut milk and honey to a pot and bring to the boil stirring gently.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add honey/rice malt syrup, almond butter and turmeric. Continue to gently stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the coconut flour and using a whisk, mix until the texture starts to thicken. If necessary, add a second tbsp coconut flour.
- Once the mixture appears thick, pour into a freezer-safe shallow dish lined with baking paper and place in the freezer to set.
- Once set (approximately 2 hours) remove from the freezer and slice carefully with a hot knife.
- Store in the freezer.
I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram (@her.nourished) if you make this so I can see what you think and share your beautiful creations with my community!
If you’re a busy mumma I’d love to see you in our free Facebook Group Mums helping Mums feel fabulously healthy! The mums are all beautiful, non-judgemental and have some incredible tips and tricks to share.
And of course you can check out my FREE Youtube health coaching channel where I share weekly tips and tricks to help you balance your weight without restrictive dieting as well as mum-life and what I eat.
Krissy is a certified nutrition and health coach, passionate recipe developer and a busy mother of two living on the Gold Coast. With a background in psychology and several years of experience in case management and coaching, her passion is to show you how easy, quick and budget-friendly healthy eating can be. Krissy helps busy mums become the master of their health, get nourishing meals on the table in less than 30 minutes and balance their weight in the process.
“Strive for nourishment, not perfection”. xxx