Wow…is all I can say to our incredible Christmas day Feast!
My beautiful friend Emily is probably the best entertainer I know, and with no detail spared she put together the ultimate entertainer’s menu for our Christmas lunch. If being a professional entertainer was a job (is it? How cool would that be!), then my friend would actually nail it.
I don’t really even know where to start.
Maybe I will just leave you to salivate over the pictures. Because seriously…!
I have no idea how she cooked all of this, but this is the Ultimate Entertainer’s Menu as created by my talented friend:
- A Whole Chicken, served with roasted potato, pumpkin and sweet potato;
- A gigantic pork filled with stuffing, served with a selection of roasted vegies;
- An equally gigantic ham, served with freshly marinated and pan-fried prawns;
- A pear, walnut and rocket salad (the only thing I can take credit for in this whole feast) – recipe below;
- A selection of condiments, including cranberry sauce, balsamic vinegar and exceptional quality salad drizzling oil;
- Mini pavlova and cheesecake served with fresh cream and a selection of seasonal summer fruit (Cherries, blueberries and strawberries);
- Champagne – a menu necessity!
To make the pear, walnut and rocket salad you will need:
baby rocket and baby spinach, washed and dried;
raw and natural walnuts, roughly broken;
1 green pear, thinly sliced long-ways;
1/2 avocado, cubed;
feta, cubed or crumbled;
Combine all ingredients gently and serve in a large salad bowl. This salad is best served with a balsamic dressing…
And a glass of Champagne…
This menu was also super fresh so didn’t leave that food coma Christmas feeling.
Would you add any of these ideas to your Ultimate Entertainer’s Menu?