I have become slightly addicted to this chocolate protein mugcake recently!!! It took a bit of experimenting to get the right consistency and flavour, but this is the best guilt-free breakfast and after dinner treat! Ever!
I love that this chocolate protein mug cake can double as breakfast and dessert, and I don’t even have to feel bad about it. I’m definitely a sweet over savoury breakfast person, so this is a great alternative for eggs in the morning.
- ⅕ cup unsweetened rice or almond milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon of protein powder (I use Sunwarrior rice protein in Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon PB2 chocolate powder
- ½ teaspoon raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- cinnamon to taste
- ½ cup egg whites or one whole egg
- TOPPING: Frozen fruit and chia seed pudding (1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in ¼ cup coconut milk)
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix ricemilk and all dry ingredients until smooth consistency
- add egg white or whole egg and mix
- mixrowave on high for 90 seconds
- Top with frozen fruit and chia seed pudding, or yogurt
What is your favourite after diner snack?