HOW TO MAKE PB2 CHOCOLATE CRACKLE
I just discovered PB2 and am in LOVE!
I actually am not a fan of peanuts or regular peanut butter, but this is such a delicious treat and is super low in calories (compared to the regular stuff).
If you haven’t seen or heard about PB2 yet, its a dehydrated low fat peanut butter powder that simply requires the addition of water to make it creamy and delicious (while remaining low fat). You can purchase PB2 from most health food and supplement stores in Australia or find it online HERE.
I was playing around in the kitchen this week and came up with this super simple but satisfying healthy PB2 chocolate crackle treat. It is beyond easy to make and a great healthy snack.
I love that these are sugar free, but if you prefer a little sweetness in your life you can simply add 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or a teaspoon of stevia. I personally find the PB2 sweet on it’s own, but perhaps that is because I have primarily QUIT REFINED SUGAR (learn how I quit refined sugar and why you should start today here).
These PB2 chocolate crackle treats are best stored in the freezer once made. ESPECIALLY if you live in the Gold Coast of Australia like me!
HELLOOOOOO melted chocolate!
P.S. If you struggle to find PB2 you can sub the PB2 for 2 tbsp regular peanut butter (keep the remaining ingredients including the water).
How to make PB2 chocolate crackle
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 1 hour
- 2 heaped tablespoons of PB2 chocolate
- 2 level tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of gluten free puffed rice
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- Using PB2 and water, mix together to form a paste;
- Add raw cacao powder, optional rice malt syrup and cereal and stir. If the mixture appears to thick add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time;
- Spoon teaspoon amounts onto a flat surface covered in baking paper then freeze for at least one hour.
- Store in the freezer as the Pb2 will melt at room temp 🙂
Have you tried PB2? What do you think of it?