Okay, so if you haven’t yet noticed I am kind of obsessed with bliss balls. I mean, what is not to love. When made right, they are super healthy, sweet, nourishing, and the perfect travelling snack. This week was my little man’s very first Kindy Christmas party. And of course, we were asked to bring a plate. Hence the creation of these low allergy kindy balls.
I hunted for a suitable recipe but every one I found contained either dairy, gluten or nuts. Great for most of us, but I’m all for everyone being able to eat yummy treats at Christmas time. Anyone with allergies or an intolerance to dairy, gluten or nuts, or who needs low-allergy kindy food, these Low Allergy Kindy Balls are for you! They are also free from added sugar which is a bonus when we are talking parties for kiddies!
Low allergy kindy balls
What you will need:
- 5 tbsp date paste (to make date paste, gently boil pitted medjool dates in just enough water to cover them on the stove for about 15 minutes and then puree into a paste).
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 3 level tbsp organic coconut flour
- desiccated coconut for rolling
What to do:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth
- Roll into bite sized balls, and then roll in coconut.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Simple! Low allergy kindy balls at the ready. You can also freeze these kindy balls to save for Christmas day!
P.S. Got fussy kids? Want to have kids that are excited to eat their vegetables?
You’ll LOVE my go-to nourishing recipe book FEEDING FUSSY TODDLERS! 35+ toddler approved whole-food recipes for every meal. These are the meals we RELY on each week!
Grab your copy today and see just how easy cooking for kids becomes.