If you liked my Healthy Chicken Balls then you will LOVE these low carb chicken burgers! I discovered these by chance when I had way too many ripe avocados and needed to use them before they were wasted. I had never even thought of using avocado in burger patties and was a little skeptical that it would actually work. But, these chicken burger patties are perfectly creamy and filling without any unnecessary ingredients.
These low carb chicken burgers freeze well, are perfect for little people as they are super healthy, and are totally dairy and gluten free. They are also great for those watching their carb intake and make a nice change from grilled chicken.
What you will need:
- 500g organic chicken mince (I definitely would recommend you choose organic where possible)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 whole tomato, chopped small
- 1 avocado, chopped small
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed/grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Almond meal for dusting
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper;
- In a large bowl, add all of the listed ingredients;
- Mix until well combined;
- Roll into large balls and flatten using the palm of your hand. Dust both sides with almond meal and place on the baking tray;
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
I made mine into a bun-less burger using lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion and avocado, which was super delish and totally healthy. The little man had his with steamed broccoli, corn and carrot, and certainly enjoyed it! I hope you do too 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you try these, and what you think!