I can’t believe this is the very last week of the Pretty Wee Christmas series! It has been a super fun mini series and I hope that you have enjoyed the recipes and gift ideas each Friday.
Because we need to leave with a bang, today I have the BEST healthy spiced cookies to share with you! I have certainly progressed in my baking skills and these were a total success first shot (fluke…definitely). Even my son and husband approve.
I was actually so impressed with my healthy baking skills that my poor husband had to hear about it for several hours…
I always have a running post-it note of the ingredients I add to a recipe, JUST IN CASE it actually works. Lucky I did for this one as I will certainly be making these time and time again. You will notice that these are also GLUTEN FREE, EGG FREE, and DAIRY FREE.
So, you will need the following ingredients to create these super healthy spiced cookies:
- 1 Chia egg (made using one tsp chia seeds and 5 tsp water – sit for 5 minutes or until the mix is gel-like
- 2 tbsp Mayver’s Super Spread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Natvia baking stevia
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- Gluten Free flour for dusting when rolling
What to do:
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper;
- In a large bowl, add the Super spread, coconut oil and stevia and stir until combined;
- Add to the wet mixture the flour, baking soda and spices, and combine. The mixture should look crumbly and dry at this point;
- Add 2 of the 4 tbsp almond milk and combine;
- Add the chia egg and combine;
- Slowly add the second 2 tbsp almond milk, mixing regularly. Stop adding once the mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Kneed the dough using clean hands and then place on a floured board. Using a rolling pin, roll to 1cm thickness and use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes;
- Place shapes on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
Ice as you desire. I used Natvia icing stevia mix.
These cookies are the perfect spicy-ness for Christmas, but also not sweet at all. You could definitely make them sweeter if you prefer, but I like that they are more spicy than sweet for Christmas.
If you missed the last few weeks of Pretty Wee Christmas, you can find the links here: