Mayonnaise is something I love to hate. It’s usually high fat, high sugar and highly processed. It’s also something my husband LOVES and asks me to buy in the weekly shop every single week. While indulging on occasion is totally fine, if you are a mayo addict like my husband then this 1 minute egg free mayonnaise might be the better option. And just in time for the Holidays!
It’s so simple to make, stores well and tastes delicious. It reminds me of the dressing my mum made when I was little from condensed milk and vinegar (sounds weird but it was amazing). Do you know the one?
You can add as little or as much water as you like depending on your preferred consistency. If I am making a salad I prefer my mayonnaise a little runny, but in sandwiches or wraps I love it a little thicker. This egg free mayonnaise also thickens over time so if you do make it a little too runny just pop it into the fridge.
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (creamed works best)
- 2-6 tbsp boiling water (depending on preferred consistency)
- Salt to taste
- In a small mixing bowl add the tahini, apple cider vinegar and honey and begin to whisk;
- Add in the boiling water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches your preferred consistency;
- Season with salt as required.
Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. To make this 1 minute egg free mayonnaise vegan and low fructose you can swap the honey for rice malt syrup.
I love drizzling this mayonnaise over fresh salad!
Are you a mayonnaise addict? Have you tried a healthier version of your favourite mayonnaise?
Try it drizzled on these salads: