It’s the one you have all been waiting for!
My super simple 3 ingredient pancakes.
And let me tell you, they are worth the wait. Super duper healthy, dairy free and free from refined sugar – these pancakes will have your morning off to the best start.
I love that these 3 ingredient pancakes are super quick to whip up in the morning as well as nutritious. And to add a Christmas-y touch I have topped them with deliciously sweet warmed blueberries. They are all ingredients you will hopefully have on hand and also all ingredients you can use to make oatmeal, so if you get bored making these you can chuck them all in a pot together and make a delicious high-protein bowl of oats (but don’t – the pancakes are SO much better).
Mouth watering? I have used milled oats for this recipe. To mill oats you simply put the measured amount into a clean food processor and blend until a fine consistency is reached. Milling your own oats is so helpful for recipes that call for flour, or even breadcrumbs. They are CHEAP as chips to make and also a lot more nutritious than many refined flours.
- 1/2 cup oats, milled until fine
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Coconut oil (spray preferable)
- In a food processor, add the milled oats and banana and blend;
- Add the egg whites and continue to blend until smooth;
- Heat a frypan to medium heat and lightly spray with coconut oil;
- Pour tablespoon sized amounts onto the pan and cook the first side until bubbles form;
- Flip the pancakes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through;
- Place the blueberries in a separate pot with 2 tbsp water and simmer until soft and warm;
- Stack the pancakes on each other and drizzle with the warmed blueberries.
- Serves 2-3
If you follow a vegan diet you can adapt this recipe by swapping the egg white for 2 chia eggs (each chia egg is made with 1 tsp chia seeds and 4 tbsp water and soaked for five minutes). Or you can check out my other vegan pancake recipes 🙂