I know I don’t usually post on a Sunday, BUT WAIT…I just HAD to share this with you!
This week I made the most incredible chocolate topped coconut ice cream. You can thank me later.
I don’t even know if choc-top ice creams are still around. Are they? These healthified versions are the perfect Summer snack, dessert, or treat for your little one. And best of all, they are super cheap to make.
- 1 can of organic light coconut milk
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 3 medjool dates
- 2 heaped tbsp Mayver's dark chocolate super spread
- 2 heaped tbsp organic coconut oil
- Using a blender, blend together the coconut milk, bananas and dates until super smooth and creamy;
- Pour the mixture into ice cream/ice block moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours;
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil and mix in the Mayver's chocolate spread;
- Remove the ice cream from the moulds and place onto parchment paper;
- Dip the tops of each ice cream into the chocolate mix and return to the parchment paper;
- Return to the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving;
- Eat immediately