I am excited to say that my toddler and I will be enjoying Chocolate this Easter! A strange comment coming from a health food blogger, but not when it’s healthy homemade chocolate.
Chocolate in it’s most common form is made with dairy milk and a heap of unnecessary sugar. Sure, it tastes amazing, but I promise you that my healthy homemade chocolate tastes just as creamy and delicious, without the refined sugar and dairy. And that is a big call!
A perfect sweet treat for the whole family, even those who are dairy free, gluten free, or refined sugar free. They are also vegan, vegetarian, and kinda just awesome.
- 2 heaped tbsp unrefined organic coconut oil
- 2 heaped tbsp organic cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tbsp baking stevia - optional (if you don't like stevia you can swap this out for good quality manuka honey, pure maple syrup, or rice malt syrup)
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy;
- Spoon into moulds and freeze for at least 20 minutes;
- Remove from moulds and store in the freezer in a zip-lock bag or freezer-safe container.
Have you tried making your own chocolate? How does this healthy home made chocolate measure up against your favourite store-bought chocolate?
For more healthy Easter recipes check out my healthy hot cross buns!