This spiced pumpkin loaf recipe would have to be one of my favourites to date and one that I keep coming back to. Super simple to make, delicious to eat and free from dairy, gluten and sugar.
This time of year there are SO many pumpkin spice recipes floating around. While I came across some good ones, none of them weren’t quite to my “healthy” standard.
This healthy spiced pumpkin loaf “Tastes like scones” but more dense and delicious if you ask my husband, and even he was impressed.
VARIATIONS AND NOTES
- If you don’t have time to roast the pumpkin you can simply steam and puree. You won’t get the same rich sweet flavour, but it will still be delicious.
- I’ve only trialled this recipe with kent and butternut pumpkin varieties but I am almost certain any pumpkin variety will work. Let me know if you try a different pumpkin!
- Unfortunately this recipe can not be converted to a vegan option. If you are after a vegan loaf you can try THESE VEGAN BANANA MUFFINS and simply swap the banana for roasted pumpkin.
- ½ small kent pumpkin (ideally organic)
- 4 eggs (organic, free range)
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- sunflower and pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- Cut each pumpkin into bite-sized chunks and dry roast in a non-stick oven tray for approximately 40 minutes (or until soft). Puree the pumpkin and set aside;
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, oil, coconut flour, spices, baking soda and salt;
- Add the pureed pumpkin and stir until well combined;
- Pour into a non-stick loaf tin and sprinkle with seeds;
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve drizzled with Manuka honey or maple syrup.
The perfect healthy accompaniment to your next tea or coffee, or toasted for a healthy breakfast alternative. It can be savoury or sweet, but does have a slight sweetness to it.
Have you tried a pumpkin loaf?