Summer salads! It’s that time of the year. I absolutely LOVED this fresh mango and feta Summer salad, and you won’t be surprised why when you see just how delicious it looks (mouth watering yet?). Packed with nourishing greens, sweet mango, salty feta, creamy avocado and a delicious balsamic glaze, what’s not to love.
Anytime anyone says to me ‘oh, but salads are so boring’ I am sure my face starts twitching. Salads are only boring if you let them be, so let’s not! The trick is to find flavours and textures that compliment one-another without overpowering the dish. Mango and feta is the perfect pair.
This mango and feta Summer salad is the perfect dish to bring along to a barbecue (seriously, guests will be more than impressed) or to serve on Christmas day. Or simply add a hit of protein and you have yourself a complete meal!
- 400g mixed lettuce leaves (preferably organic)
- 8 thin slices hard feta
- 1/2 mango, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts, shelled
- Balsamic glaze
- Avocado oil
- Arrange the mixed lettuce leaves in a large serving dish;
- Arrange the avocado, mango and feta throughout the salad;
- Sprinkle with pistachio nuts;
- Drizzle with avocado oil (or alternative good quality oil) and balsamic glaze;
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
For a totally healthy salad swap the balsamic glaze for my 1 minute egg-free mayonnaise. Delicious!
Want to see 31 MORE healthy salad recipes from some of the top food bloggers around? Check out these 32 healthy salad recipes!