Chocolate and Oat lovers, beware…I may be creating a new obsession for you!
I am totally obsessed with these raspberry chocolate layered Zoats (Zucchini Oats if you missed the new healthy-oat-craze memo), and it’s not hard to see why.
You only need to go back through my What I ate Wednesday‘s to see how much of an oat fan I am, but these chocolatey zoats take it to a whole new level.
If you haven’t yet tried Zucchini Oats (Zoats) then you are in for a health treat! You simply add finely grated zucchini (or courgette for all you New Zealander’s out there) to your oats and make as per usual. The end result is a speckled green version of your usual tasting oats. I PROMISE, you won’t feel ripped off…yes the texture is a little different, but otherwise same old same old. AND you are getting an added bonus of veggies before you even start the day!
Add the chocolatey goodness and a layer of raspberries and you will actually feel like maybe you are eating dessert.
- 30g organic quick oats
- ½ zucchini, finely grated
- ½-1 cup filtered water
- ¼ cup almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)
- 1 heaped tsp raw cacao
- ½ tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp stevia
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add oats, zucchini and enough water to just cover the oats and zucchini;
- Microwave on high for two minutes (or stove top if you have time);
- Carefully remove from the microwave (will be super hot) and stir in the almond milk;
- Stir in the cacao, maca and stevia;
- Layer the zoats into a mason jar between layers of frozen raspberries. The frozen raspberries will defrost and become juicy with the heat of the zoats.
I know mason jars make everything taste better, but you can totally do the raspberry chocolate layered zoats in a bowl too! In the one below I added a spoonful of Mayver’s Dark Chocolate Super Spread to the top. Oh My Good Chocolate!
So, have you heard of ZOATS before? Are you brave enough to give them a go?
Keep an eye on my Instagram for more breakfast inspiration.
And, don’t forget you can still grab my ebook for $2 by adding the discount code “healthysummer”.