Chocoholics, listen up. It’s no secret that I love bliss balls, and these indulgent healthy chocolate bliss balls are no exception. In fact, they are probably my favourite to date. These chocolate bliss balls are so rich and decadent, but also so healthy and nourishing. Swap your chocolate with one of these healthy chocolate bliss balls for a healthy dessert this week.
I’ve posted before on my top 10 ingredients health bloggers love, and cacao is right up there. Cacao can be bought in powder, nibs or butter form (the fat that is removed when cocoa beans are cold-pressed) and is reportedly a rich source of antioxidants (like super crazy rich at about 10% of it’s weight). See my Healthy homemade chocolate recipe using organic cacao powder.
Also, if you like chocolate then why not eat it directly from the source! I only recently tried creating (not baking, I can’t bake) with cacao butter, and I am totally in love with it. It is the perfect ingredient for healthy desserts because it is a solid at room temperature and has a high melting point. It smells divine, just like chocolate should. However, as with any butters remember to be mindful of serving sizes.
You only need 5 ingredients to make these rich and indulgent healthy chocolate bliss balls, so here you go!
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 10g cacao butter, melted
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- desiccated coconut to roll
- Add to a blender or food processor the medal dates, cacao butter, cacao powder and chia seeds;
- Blend on high until combined. The mixture should form a ball in the blender when ready;
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes for the chia seeds to swell;
- Roll into heaped tsp sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut;
- Store in the fridge.
Are you a chocoholic? Have you tried cacao butter?