There are mornings that just call for peanut butter on toast. Toasted ezekiel is a great healthy alternative to toast, that will keep you full for longer and provide you with the dietary fibre your digestive system needs.
You all know that I love my zoats (zucchini oats), but I am definitely a little addicted to this toasted ezekiel recipe with low fat chocolate spread and figs right now! Try it and you will see why! The ezekiel is dense and filling, yet not so filling that you feel icky after eating it. It does have a slightly sweet taste so I would highly recommend sweet toppings over savoury. However, avocado and sliced tomato does work too.
- 1 thick slice of Ezekiel sprouted bread (available from most health food stores)
- 1 serve chocolate PB2 (made as per directions)
- 1 tsp organic cacao powder
- 1 fresh fig, sliced
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- Toast the Ezekiel slice in a toaster for at least 4 minutes;
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chocolate PB2 with the cacao powder to make a rich chocolate spread;
- Spread the chocolate PB2 onto the ezekiel toast;
- Top with sliced figs and drizzle with rice malt syrup. You can replace this with active Manuka honey or pure maple syrup.
Approximate nutritional information: