This zucchini and tomato quiche successfully aided my tomato-adverse toddler to EAT HIS TOMATOES! A big achievement! I therefore name this a toddler-friendly zucchini and tomato quiche that is delicious enough for adults to enjoy too.
I don’t know what it is about raw tomato but my toddler will not have a bar of it. The most painful part is that he won’t even try them. I mean, how to you know if you don’t like something when it doesn’t even come close to your mouth!
This recipe is super quick to make and bakes in only 20 minutes. The perfect lunch, dinner or after school snack for busy days. Adding tomatoes, which are an incredible source of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium, makes this quiche deliciously healthy. What’s not to love about tomatoes.
- 3 whole eggs (free range and organic preferable)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp powdered turmeric or 1x1cm cube fresh tumeric, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper;
- Whisk together the three eggs and turmeric in a large mixing bowl;
- Into the bowl, finely grate the zucchini;
- Deseed and chop the tomato and add it to the mixing bowl;
- Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined;
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through;
- Allow to cool slightly and slice to serve.
Pin for later
Does your toddler eat tomatoes? Do you eat tomatoes? Why does nobody like tomatoes?!