I’m forever on the hunt for easy-to-make treats that satisfy my sugar cravings (WITHOUT refined sugar). Well hello 3-ingredient chocolate chip bites!
It’s nice to
meet eat you.
3 ingredients, 3 minutes (plus a little time for baking) and voila, you have healthy lunch-box friendly treats for adults and kids alike. These 3 ingredients bites are vegan-friendly, refined sugar free, dairy free and HEALTHY. Like totally healthy!
I was craving something a little sweet with my cup of tea last night and a chocolate chip cookie would have gone down a treat. But instead I chose to make these super healthy bites that not only satisfy sweet cravings, but also pack a pretty decent nutritional punch.
Can you guess the 3 ingredients?
Oats – Packed with protein, fibre (the good kind that keeps your digestive system moving), B group vitamins and essential minerals.
Bananas – Bananas taste yummy. Of course. But they also contain decent levels of vitamin B6, vitamin C and dietary fibre. Ripe bananas are also considered to contain serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
Cacao nibs – Nature’s chocolate! Natural, dairy free cacao nibs are packed with vitamins and minerals. In fact, cacao is known to be one of the most concentrated sources of magnesium, an essential mineral linked to energy metabolism and muscle and nerve function.
Did I mention how simple this recipe was!?
Once baked, I recommend storing these chocolate chip bites in the fridge. They should keep for approximately a week, give or take. Pop them into your lunch box, serve as a sweet treat to the kiddies, or indulge with your cup of tea.
3-ingredient chocolate chip bites
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup organic oats
- 2 tbsp organic cacao nibs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper;
- Break the bananas into a blender and blend until smooth;
- Add the oats, 1/2 cup at a time, into the blender and process until the mixture appears thick;
- Remove the mixture from the blender (or blade from blender if possible) and stir through the cacao nibs;
- Spoon the mixture onto the lined baking tray (approximately 2 tbsp per bite) and bake in the oven for 25 minutes;
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.