MINI SPINACH AND EGG MUFFINS
There are days when cooking healthy and nutritious meals for your kids is TOP priority. And then there are those days when you consider putting an apple and a few crackers into a bowl and calling it a day.
Even as a health and wellness blogger, I get those days too!
Days that call for simple, no fuss but STILL HEALTHY meals you can make with your eyes closed (don’t actually close them…you’ll trip on the cars spread out across the kitchen floor).
Well. These mini spinach and egg muffins will have you at hello.
- 3 ingredients (plus a little seasoning).
- 3 minutes prep.
- 25 minutes baking and VOILA, lunch is served.
Plus, you can totally eat them too!
They form a near complete meal with protein, fat and greens (greens your kids will actually eat). Serve with a healthy carb (or wholegrain toast, I’ll forgive you) and your little one will be smiling from ear to ear while you relax with your coffee and a smug smile. YOU GOT THIS.
As with all of my healthy kid recipes, I tried these mini spinach and egg muffins out on my toughest critic. He actually asked for more (sounded more like “mOOOOOOooooore“). He also “helped” me make them (which increased the prep time to about 5 minutes, but, easy entertainment!).
- 4 whole eggs (organic, free range preferable)
- 1 cup spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and place 10 mini muffin cases into a tray (I prefer to use silicone muffin moulds);
- Add to a bowl the eggs, finely chopped spinach and garlic and whisk well with a fork;
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon into muffin cases (a soup spoon/ladle works perfectly);
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes;
- Remove from the oven and remove each muffin from it's case. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
- Place any left over muffins into the fridge (1-2 days) or freezer (1-2 months).
P.S. These mini spinach and egg muffins are freezer friendly, making them even more mum-friendly!