If you follow me on Snapchat (Krissyropiha) or Facebook you will have seen the EPIC Christmas feast I made a few weeks ago. Included in that feast was this delicious, sweet, juicy and oh-my-gosh amazing Summer fruit crumble. I still can’t get over how delicious it is (I’d know, I ate the whole thing within just over a day…oops).
This is one dessert you are going to be making over and over again this Summer, and the best part about it is that it is ridiculously easy to make. I’m talking simple enough for children to make (although you might want to help them with the cutting), yet beautiful enough for friends and family to believe you spent hours crafting an incredible dessert just for them.
This Summer fruit crumble really is that good.
Sometimes having lots of ingredients is necessary but when it comes to Summer fruit I think less is more, especially when using a decadent and sweet fruit such as mango. The flavours of the three fruits used in this Summer fruit crumble work in perfect harmony and honestly no other fruit is needed (although of course you can go wild if you want).
This is also the PERFECT dessert to make during the holiday season because it caters for *almost* everyone’s nutritional needs. While I don’t follow diets and think dieting and strict avoidance of foods does not foster a healthy relationship with food, I am all for everyone no matter their choices being able to enjoy delicious and nourishing food. I had to research Paleo requirements for this post but it turns out my Summer fruit crumble even caters for those following a paleo lifestyle. It’s also vegan friendly, dairy free, refined sugar free, free from chemical additives, preservatives, colours and flavours and it’s totally nourishing. I know, I told you it’s amazing.
Instead of undoing all your hard work and smothering your crumble with cream, try coconut yogurt instead. The rich and creamy texture and neutral flavour takes the crumble to the next level. I love the Nudie coconut yogurt as it has very few ingredients and no added sugar, but of course you could use any brand (or make your own).
Once made this Summer fruit crumble can be served warm or cold. In fact, it’s just as delicious and perhaps even a little refreshing served straight from the fridge. The recipe serves 2-4 people (or one).
- 1 pear, peeled, core removed
- 125g blueberries (one small punnet)
- 1 mango, flesh only
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp granulated stevia (Natvia) - substitute with coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare a baking dish.
- Slice the pear and mango into thin slices and arrange together with the blueberries onto the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside.
- Add to a bowl the coconut, almond meal, cinnamon, stevia and coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the mixture from the bowl on top of the fruit until all fruit is covered evenly.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until fruit is soft and crumble has browned slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with coconut yogurt.
Have you grabbed your FREE copy of “A Pretty Christmas Menu” yet? You’d be crazy not to!