The perfect vegetarian dip in minutes, this Mexican-inspired black bean dip is simple to make, delicious to eat and all ingredients can be found at your local supermarket.
Black beans were rarely beans that I reached for at the supermarket unless a recipe called for them. WHY!? That is now my question. Black beans are delicious and they also seem to be easy for my stomach to digest, something that can be an issue when eating legumes such as chickpeas.
This Mexican-inspired black bean dip uses some of my favourite spices, cumin and paprika. Both add so much character to this dip with little effort. I used cumin seeds for this Mexican-inspired black bean dip simple because that is what I have in my pantry. You can absolutely use ground cumin instead.
This Mexican-inspired black bean dip would be delicious (and a little more impressive than packaged dip) served at your next dinner party or barbecue. I love serving mine with vegetable sticks, seeded crackers or with my one bowl vegetarian Mexican chilli (recipe in Nourished in 30!).
- 1 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (approximately 2 cloves)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp paprika
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or coconut milk)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until combined and starting to puree. The mixture does not need to be perfectly smooth and can be pulsed for the final minute until the consistency is to your preference.
- If using a Thermomix, blend at spend 6 for approximately 20 seconds and scrape the sides if required.
- This Mexican-inspired black bean dip will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
I’d love to see your creations so don’t forget to tag me on social media!
DID YOU HEAR? Nourished in 30, the recipe book designed with the busy mumma in mind, is launching soon!
What to expect:
- A flexible approach to food and the “ebb and flow” approach
- Meal prep tips for even the busiest mumma!
- Kitchen essentials
- Recipes (lots – all delicious, under 30 minutes and SUPER EASY). All recipes are created with the busy mumma in mind. Most recipes will serve 2+. I’ve included family-friendly options/serving suggestions to take the stress out of your meals entirely.
- A 7 day menu plan. For the busy mumma who just can’t think this week. I’ve got your back.
And a quick note – even if you’re not a busy mumma I know you’ll love this recipe book too! If you’re busy or just love quick, easy and delicious food you’ll want to have a copy of Nourished in 30!
Join the list NOW to be the first to hear about the launch date, special offers and prizes! I can not wait to get this recipe book to you because I know you’ll just love it!
You’ll also get a free copy of my Super Simple Recipe Guide!
Stay up to date on Instagram by following @her.nourished
Krissy Ropiha is a Certified Nutrition and Health Coach and Psychology graduate, passionate about supporting, inspiring and empowering busy mums to take back control of their health, get nourishing meals on the table in less than 30 minutes and feel confident in their own unique body.
Strive for nourishment, not perfection.