Today’s breakfast is all about simple blueberry pancakes. Because…pancakes!
Pancakes have long been a breakfast favourite in our house, and I’m definitely not complaining!
When you start looking for healthier options it can be easy to believe you have to give up all those delicious sugary, creamy foods you loved to love. Goodbye pancakes.
Well I’ve got some exciting news for you.
YOU can have your (pan)cake and eat it too!
These simple blueberry pancakes are, well, SIMPLE. When I say simple I mean ‘throw it in a blender’ simple. SO SIMPLE! These are also the perfect breakfast to get the kids involved with too! My son loves cracking the egg into the blender bowl (and I just LOVE crunching on egg shell…).
This recipe is actually one of the 12 delicious recipes in my 7 day dairy free menu plan (get your copy here) that I created BECAUSE I saw how much people were struggling with dairy free alternatives. Dairy is literally in almost everything packaged so it can feel really overwhelming when you want a super simple breakfast and you’re dairy free.
Give these simple blueberry pancakes a go and let me know what you think!
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 medium banana, ripe (spotty)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour (substitute - almond meal)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Coconut yogurt for serving
- Place the eggs, banana and buckwheat flour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large frypan (ideally non-teflon) and spread the coconut oil across the middle of the pan.
- On medium heat, pour the batter into the centre of the pan forming round pancakes. Place blueberries into the pancake (approximately 5-8 blueberries per pancake.
- Allow to cook until small bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Drizzle with coconut yogurt and top with blueberries. Serve warm or cold.
- Makes approximately 5 medium pancakes | Serves 2.
What do you miss when you can’t have dairy?
Are you newly dairy free and struggling? Don’t forget to grab your copy of my 7 day DAIRY FREE menu plan or email me for a CUSTOM MENU PLAN suitable for your unique situation! EMAIL: Krissy@hernourished.com
And for free health coaching subscribe to my channel below: