Bounty bar lovers, hands up!
This one is for you.
These healthy bounty bar bliss balls are the ultimate nourishing indulgence and they make a super pretty gift as well. They’re dairy free, sugar free, gluten free and delicious!
I never used to be a huge coconut fan. But do you know why? It wasn’t because of the taste, or the texture. It was because of my fear of fat.
How crazy is it that my fear of fat dictated the foods I decided I liked and didn’t like. Not their taste, not their nutritional value. Simply my thoughts.
Which really shows how much of an impact thoughts have on our relationship with food.
So now, let me tell you something amazing. I LOVE coconut. I have coconut yogurt almost every day. I cook with coconut oil (read this article for the three oils I keep in my kitchen), I bake with coconut flour and I eat the damn coconuts.
I’ve spent years digging deep to uncover those food fears and more years overcoming them. Once I realised healthy fats (which is what coconut is FYI) didn’t make me fat I realised my food fears were ill-informed all along.
Of course, as with any indulgent food it is sensible to indulge mindfully, with FULL AWARENESS and not eat the entire mixture in one sitting. 1-2 healthy bounty bar bliss balls is 100% better than 1-2 traditional candy bounty bars. Keep these in your fridge or freezer (they will last longer in the freezer) for those moments when your sweet tooth pops up.
You’ll thank me once you try them.
- The chocolate drizzle is optional. Ideally choose a DARK (high percentage cacao) dairy free, minimally processed chocolate or make your own (I have a delicious recipe in Feeding Fussy Toddlers – A recipe book for everyone AND toddlers)
- If you use a liquid sweetener make sure you reduce the amount of almond milk equally.
- Make your own almond milk using THIS recipe. Super easy! You can then use the left over almond meal for this recipe. It’s a win-win and there’s NO WASTE!
- P.S. New here? Read my story about why I am so passionate about quitting the diets, overcoming the food fears and nourishing your body.
FYI These really are REALLY good.
I ate them all.
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut + 2 tbsp for rolling
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp granulated Natvia (stevia) or preferred sweetener (if liquid reduce almond milk by 1 tbsp).
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar free dairy free chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- Add all ingredients except chocolate to a food processor or blender and blend until well combined. The mixture should stick together when pressed but not be 'sticky'.
- Spoon out tablespoon amounts of mixture and press into balls using clean hands. Avoiding rolling between your hands as the balls will crumble.
- Roll each ball through the desiccated coconut and set aside. Drizzle with melted chocolate (optional) and place in the fridge to set.
- Store in fridge or freezer. Can be eaten at room temperature or chilled.
- Once made, these bounty bar bliss balls can be frozen until needed or stored in the fridge.
Have you feared fat like I did? I’d love to know. xx
Struggling to balance your weight? Feel like weight issues are taking over your life? Do you know what feels amazing? Not thinking about your weight, EVER! Work with me for six weeks to balance your weight for good.
Learn more here: http://hernourished.com/her-nourished-6-week-program/
Or email me direct: email@example.com