These are the fluffiest healthy vegan cupcakes you will try! You will fall in love with the recipe for these healthy vegan cupcakes because not only are the AMAZINGLY perfect, but they are also allergy friendly. Specifically, they are dairy free, gluten free, egg free, nut free and made using whole food ingredients. Oh, and did I mention that it’s also a one-bowl recipe? I can’t even….
I can not even EXPLAIN how long I’ve been working on this perfect healthy vegan cupcakes recipe. You guys get the perfect deliciousness but what you don’t often see is the failures (although, I’d must prefer to call them triumphs because without them you wouldn’t have this recipe) behind every recipe.
This one had a VERY long list, I think mostly because I just couldn’t get the texture right. Most of the trial recipes were too dense, too heavy, too thick or too dry. I just couldn’t get that perfect fluffy texture that we all know and love in regular cupcakes. That is, until now.
I know so many of you have had to reduce or avoid particular ingredients for health reasons and I know one of the biggest frustrations or disappointments when you swap out foods that perhaps aren’t the best for you is that you feel as though you’re missing out.
Seriously, I feel like this recipe is PERFECT for parties and anywhere a cupcake is in order because it’s SO EASY to make (I’m not even kidding…can we just say ONE BOWL RECIPE together) and it’s a recipe that means just about everyone can enjoy!
A quick word on the ingredients.
Most of the ingredients can be found at your local supermarket (just look in the health food section), however, I understand that some supermarkets are a tiny bit slow to catch up. Some of the ingredients used in this recipe are from Organics On a Budget, but fear not, you can order in your PJs from the comfort of your home and have the ingredients delivered to your doorstep (and they can arrange International shipping). You can also save a little more at the checkout using the discount code ‘SAVEWITHKRISSY’ (valid until 11 August 2017).
HER NOURISHED TIPS:
- PIPE YOUR CUPCAKES! I didn’t even know this was a thing, but it’s the best ‘thing’ I’ve ever discovered. Literally, your cupcakes will turn out perfectly!
- Don’t skip the sifting part. I know it’s tempting, but it’s worth it.
- Buckwheat flour can be substituted but coconut flour can not. Coconut flour absorbs so much moisture so there is really no alternative to it in this recipe.
- Coconut sugar can be substituted for any granulated sugar. Coconut sugar was the healthiest granulated NATURAL sugar I could find and I didn’t want to use stevia in this recipe as my previous attempts when using it had failed. While coconut sugar is still sugar, please remember that the recipe calls for only 2 tablespoons across 11 cupcakes #balance. If you prefer a sweeter cupcake then please feel free to increase the amount of coconut sugar (up to half a cup).
- Natural food colouring is not really necessary for the cupcakes. I used quite a few drops of pink in half the mixture and you can’t really tell. My thoughts – save it for the frosting.
Okay, you’re here for the recipe right…
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt (I used non-GM soy yogurt)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius and place prepare cupcake cases in 11 space holders.
- In a large baking bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add all the wet ingredients EXCEPT WATER to the dry and mix until combined. Once combined, slowly add the water, tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Scoop mixture into a piping bag (not essential but great for perfect cupcakes!) and then pipe mixture into cases until each case is half-full.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes. Test that cupcakes are ready by piercing with a fork and ensuring the fork comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before moving cupcakes to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before frosting
I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram (@her.nourished) if you make these so I can see what you think and share your beautiful creations with my community!
If you’re a busy mumma I’d love to see you in our free Facebook Group Mums helping Mums feel fabulously healthy! The mums are all beautiful, non-judgemental and have some incredible tips and tricks to share.
And of course you can check out my FREE Youtube health coaching channel where I share weekly tips and tricks to help you balance your weight without restrictive dieting as well as mum-life and what I eat.
Oh, and last but not least stay tuned for NOURISHED IN 30, my whole food recipe book created with the busy mumma in mind! Every recipe can be created in 30 minutes or less! You can jump on the launch list by clicking HERE and get a free copy of my Super Simple Meals while you wait!
Krissy is a certified nutrition and health coach, passionate recipe developer and a busy mother of two living on the Gold Coast. With a background in psychology and several years of experience in case management and coaching, her passion is to show you how easy, quick and budget-friendly healthy eating can be. Krissy helps busy mums become the master of their health, get nourishing meals on the table in less than 30 minutes and balance their weight in the process.
“Strive for nourishment, not perfection”. xxx