Stir fry dinners are one of my favourite weeknight meals because they are SO EASY and are perfect for using up the veggies in the fridge. This easy vegan ginger tofu stir fry is no different!
I’ve written a full article about whether I follow a vegan diet (as it seems to be one of the most frequently asked questions I get!) which will be up on Friday. Until you read that let me just say that regardless of how you feel about meat there is ALWAYS room for more plant based meals.
If the thought of reducing meat makes you anxious then meatless Mondays are a perfect place to start. I feel like incorporating a meatless Monday meal into your week MAKES you think a little more creatively about how you will get your nutrients from foods that are not meat. AND I’d almost guarantee that you’ll end up eating more veggies which is never a bad thing!
Tofu is a food that is surrounded by confusion due to being made from soy. My personal view on soy is that it MUST be certified organic as if it is certified organic then it can not be genetically modified, and that it should be consumed in moderation (so not an every day food). If you have hormonal issues or specific medical conditions then it may be a food you discuss further with your health practitioner.
What do you think about soy? I’d love to know!
I’ve kept the ingredients for the vegan tofu ginger stir fry recipe incredibly simple so that you don’t feel as though you need to go out and buy new ingredients. However, if you’ve got a few extra veggies in the fridge or if you’re not a fan of celery and red onion then PLEASE swap them around with equal amounts of your favourite veggies. There are no rules.
Some delicious veggies if you don’t love celery and red onion:
- Red pepper/capsicum (or any colour)
- Snow peas
- Green beans
- Asian greens
HOT TIP: If you love fresh ginger but don’t manage to get through a root before it goes off then try slicing and freezing it in a zip lock bag! I used ginger I had previously frozen for this recipe which made it even easier and quicker to prepare.
VEGAN GINGER TOFU STIR FRY
- 2 red onions
- 3-4 stalks celery, trimmed
- 1-2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely sliced or grated
- 200g firm organic tofu
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp molasses
- ¼ tsp salt (I used a herb salt blend)
- Peel and slice the ends from the red onions and set aside (these can be used for stock or discarded of responsibly). Slice the red onion into thick slices and set aside.
- Slice the celery into thick slices and set aside.
- Slice the tofu into bite-sized slices and set aside.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Once hot, add the red onion, celery and ginger to the pan and stir fry for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are hot and starting to look softer add the sliced tofu, molasses and salt. Continue to stir fry for a further 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your preferred liking.
- Serve warm
I’d love to know what you think!! Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to share this on social media and tag me if you make it! I’d love to see. xxx
Struggling with your health, weight and wellness? Check out my FREE virtual health coaching channel!
Don’t forget to grab my free Beginner’s guide to healthy eating by clicking the picture below too.